- vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 kg beef strips
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 3 spring onions sliced 1 inch pieces
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a small sauce-pot over med-low heat. Add the ginger and garlic and saute until golden brown. Add the soy and water, stirring to combine
- Stir in the brown sugar and increase the heat to medium. bring the sauce to the boil for 3 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat an set aside
- Toss the beef strips in with the cornstarch. and let sit for 10 minutes
- Place a large Saute pan or wok over medium-high heat and add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the beef to the pan and saute for 2 minutes until seared on all sides but barley cooked through. Remove the strips from the pan onto a paper towel lined plate. Pour any excess oil out of the wok.
- Place the pan back over medium heat. Add the prepared sauce to the pan, and add the strips back in and bring to the boil stirring occasionally. After 2 minutes add the spring onion, stirring to combine.
- Serve over a bed of rice