Jamaican Flavoured Pulled Pork
- 1.8 kgs Pork Collar Butt (shoulder)
- 1 1/2 cups salt reduced chicken stock or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- Bread rolls and slaw to serve
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- 2 tsps sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- To make rub, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. Sprinkle rub over the pork and gently rub into the flesh and place in your slow cooker
- Combine stock, BBQ sauce, sugar and onion in a bowl. Pour mixture around the pork.
- Bake for 7.5 hours or until the pork is very tender.
- Using 2 forks, shred the pork and place in a bowl. Mix the pork with the sauce and toss until combined.
- Serve pulled pork in bread rolls with salad.