Simple Roast Quail
- 4 whole quail (2 per person) (wishbone removed)
- Olive oil or melted butter
- Seasoning or favourite rub
- dash white wine or chicken stock
- Preheat your oven to 200 C
- Remove the wishbone from each quail (optional)
- Place the quails in a roasting tray
- Rub the olive oil or melted butter all over the skin and season with your favourite rub or seasoning or salt and pepper
- Put the roasting tray in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes. Halfway through add a dash of white wine or chicken stock into the tray (to prevent your quail from drying out)
- Remove from the oven and cover the roasting tray with tin foil and leave rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve whole or carve before serving
Before cooking, tuck the wings in or cover in foil so they don't burn or overcook.